Tuesday, December 9, 2008

CLASSIC JOINT VERBAL THREAT FEAT. KOOL G RAP


A little history lesson in the world of hip-hop. Behind the scenes working on Reckless Eye-Ballin
As Reppond and I were working on The Golden Era classic album (yet to be released)..I executive produced the album talent wise. As we began to bring our vision to life..I decided the perfect fit on a collabo would be Queens legend Kool G Rap. My whole upbringing in hip-hop music centered around G-Rap as I was coming up in Queens. "Road to The Riches" and "Wanted Dead Or Alive" made a gigantic impact on me. And not surprisingly, the Kool in Kool Sphere came directly from his influence. I first used it in front of my tag name when writing graffiti then later incorporated it as my identity in the rap game.

At that point in time I was pollying with producer Bronze Nazareth from Wu-Tang right after he worked on RZA'a album. I envisioned a dark NYC styled griddy street track that would compliment the styles Kool G Rap and Verbal Threat at the same time. Once Bronze hit me with the masterpiece he was working on, I knew we had a timeless classic.




Once Reckless Eye-Ballin got mixed and mastered we arrived back from NYC working with Dj Premier on Reality Check. We knew he had a dope side A single with the beat from Preme, but were undecided on the b-side.




We kept going back and forth as to what track was going to make the cut. We were down to either Reckless Eye-Ballin with G-Rap, or Weight Watchers produced by Wu-Tang's Mathematics. (On a side note, although Reckless Eye-Ballin made the final cut, that Weight Watchers joint is seriously head bangin!)
So we ran with the Reality Check/Reckless Eye-Ballin single..Fat Beats did the distribution and we got crazy responses especially from overseas. Shortly after that we returned back to NYC to shoot the video for Reality Check and the rest was history....
Verbal Threat Featuring Kool G Rap "Reckless Eye-Ballin"





No comments: