Tuesday, September 16, 2008

NELLY DISSES ICE-T? ? ?

There's a little buzz going on right now about a debate I had on here in regards to the whole Ice-T / soulja Boy crap..and now it seems Nelly is weighing in on his opinion. Now yall take a watch and give your opinion on this..Like I said earlier..as I mature in this game as a artist my opinions may change..and they may not. I finally agreed that hip-hop must progress and not stand still, so we can't have that golden era music back. But at the same time..I'm completely NOT down with dissin pioneers in the game to make a point. Now to some degree I can agree with Nelly saying that it is a new day and hip-hop is constantly moving and changing with the times..I won't deny that. It is more evident than ever that this genre is geared more towards the kids who want a gimmick, a dance, a catchy hook to put on their ring tone..and there obvious reason??....they are the ones going out and buying the cd's, the mp3 downloads, the ring tones etc etc..But on some real shit..How can Nelly go at Ice like "Look in the mirror..Ice-T is old type of talk. I'll say it again and again..Ice is from a era where you had to earn your respect to get in this game. You had to come correct every time and deal with a very critical audience. And although money has a dated opinion..he's sticking up for what he believes in. And this is Integrity and Respect in hip-hop music. Which I firmly believe in as well..I also have to take into consideration the 2008 mind state of what's going on...it's a thin line..

You peep the clip and tell me what you think. All I'm sayin at this point is I'd like to make a official call out to Ice-T on what to do at this point.


Ice-T is a don, a gangsta, a certified pimp, and old school legend..now he's pimping the TV industry with a solid role on Law & Order making crazy dollars. Ice, what you need to do is follow suit with the game right now and take it to your advantage. Hip-hop is run by dudes with paper behind them. You can be the flyest rhymer on sight , but with no paper........good luck.

So Ice..I'm calling on you to do the following...........
1. Get your money together which won't be difficult..
2. Call up Dr. Dre and cop a couple tracks
3. Maybe even join forces with 50 Cent..(he's on that so called gangsta shit)
4. Get a fly video shot with Dr. Dre on production
5. Enlist some west coast dudes selling units (Dre, Snoop, The Game, Ice Cube)
And put out a record. I guarantee with that formula you'll be back in the game correctly forcing people to fall back. (and don't forget to keep Dj Evil E on the cuts!)
I'm willing to only take 15% of all sales...haha..but on some real shit that formula is possible and would do the game some good. Ice-T "Power" a real hip-hop classic.

No comments: